Friday, August 26, 2011

Birthday Message



I remember the day you were born. I raced feverishly to the hospital. I encountered a road accident, ramp closures and detours, all the while praying diligently that you'd wait till I could get there. You waited for me. I was awake for over 24 hours by the time I got back home afterward. I stood for hours waiting in anticipation to be among the first to meet and hold you. I remember the first glimpses of you as I saw your full head of hair. Oh, finally, the day I waited for. The birth of my 2nd grandson. What a joyous morning that was. I held you and stared at you in amazement. How tiny and precious. You are my 2nd, but no less important. You have your very own special place in  my heart. I remember your first teeth . I remember you starting to crawl.
I love singing to you. I love how you love music. I love your chubby little face and body. My little sumo.
Today is your first birthday and how I wish I were with you. I long to hold you and see your huge smile. I want you to know, I'm not missing your birthday because I want to. Sometimes life circumstances make for cruel twists and turns that we have no control of. Please know that my absence does not mean I love you any less. On the contrary, my heart aches. Work was hard today my little love as I looked at your face sitting on my desk in a frame. I love you with an undying love and I hope some day I will see you again and we can play and sing.
Happy birthday sumo. Grandma loves you bunches!

3 comments:

  1. It's an honor to stand beside you and share your burden, my dear friend. I wait upon the LORD to answer your prayers...I believe He will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your heart that aches so, Netanya. Thanks for sharing such a precious declaration of your love for him with us. How many can say that someone has ever written words like this about them? So tender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm right here with you as well, my friend... love you.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will not be posted,nor comments with initials.Use full name please.